About Owl Live
Owl Live is a brand experience agency working with clients including Google, HSBC, KPMG, Toyota, Porsche & Domino’s. We help brands to talk to people in a way that inspires action, creating campaigns and experiences across the globe that engage hearts and minds.
Why Owl Live?
We’re a trusted team of industry leading professionals who are innovative, considerate, passionate, and adaptable. We relish finding creative solutions to complex problems and working with the world’s best brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges. But most importantly, we’re normal people who just thrive off good old fashioned collaborative working.
We think of ourselves as a family that we like to call the Owlies. We work hard, support one another and live through our values of Collaboration, Trust and Consideration.
As Automotive Account Director, you are responsible for the commercial growth, retention and successful management of 3 of our automotive clients. You will have full autonomy for the strategic direction and delivery of your account and will confidently lead your team to achieve client objectives.
You will act as brand ambassador for both client and agency, ensuring client interests, motivators and priorities are well serviced and delivered by your team. Equally, you will drive opportunities to showcase Owl Live’s service offering and brand proposition, and strategically match to client needs.
You will also work closely with the Client Services Director and Finance Director to oversee account commercials, demonstrating accountability for account performance and achievement of growth targets.
Sound like the role for you? Read on to learn more!
Account Direction and Growth:
- Map your client’s business understanding its structure, products & services, organisational sophistication, USPs, competitor landscape and industry challenges
- Manage all key contacts and stakeholders being responsible for a positive and collaborative client / agency relationship
- Act as brand guardian for your client, demonstrating a passion and commitment to their brand and cascading this to internal teams, departments and suppliers
- Act as brand ambassador for Owl Live, keeping abreast of developments within the agency service offering and upselling where appropriate
- Lead and take accountability for pivotal new business client meetings and opportunities
- Lead and motivate the team to proactively grow and qualify new commercial opportunities, demonstrating briefing best practices
- Design proactive growth strategies as part of account development plans, reappraising where required and build an account growth philosophy into the team.
- Help build the automotive team which will help you develop growth within the account/s
- Track and reporting on financial performance against company KPI’s and targets and provide progress reports/supporting narrative on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development
- Strategically and creatively direct the pitching process forming a collaborative work ethic between internal teams and departments
- Build long-term relationships via SLAs, preferred supplier status, retainers
- Establish detailed knowledge of each client (and related industries) through client bibles, client mapping and utilising best practice account development tools and processes
- Act as point of escalation for both client and internal teams
- Position Owl Live as Brand Experience Agency of choice
- Take accountability for key projects across the account, managing team resource and welfare, quality control, commercials and output
- Forward plan account resourcing needs to enable the resourcing department to line up appropriate freelance replacement and specialist labour
- Drive and support project delivery best practices across the team including time mapping and forecasting, team roles and responsibilities, and budget management
- Oversee project profitability to ensure commercial targets are met
- Rescope project deliverables where required, advising the client in good time where additional time and budget may be required
- Identify and lead team training requirements within the team alongside Operations Director, in line with individual PDP’s and appraisals
- Encourage and drive an account development mentality within the team through exemplary delivery, project retention and development of client / agency relationships
- Act as point of escalation for team management
- 5 years+ in Account Director position
- Proven automotive experience including pitching required.
- Proven experience of managing delegate management required.
- Ride & Drive experience favoured. Launch activities to dealer networks and consumer hospitality events are beneficial.
- Solid experience leading and delivering pitches and proposals
- Experience in delivering digital and virtual projects beneficial
- Experience of a wide range of delivery from customer activations to employee conferences to strategic and experiential learning programmes
- Solid experience of working in an agency environment offering strategy, creative, comms, content & engagement services
- Solid experience and proven success in owning and growing accounts
- Experience in B2B and B2C preferred