Content and Comms Director
About Owl Live
Owl Live is a brand experience agency working with clients including Google, HSBC, KPMG, Toyota & Domino’s. We help brands to talk to people in a way that inspires action, creating campaigns and experiences across the globe that engage hearts and minds.
Why Owl Live?
We’re a trusted team of industry leading professionals who are innovative, considerate, passionate, and adaptable. We relish finding creative solutions to complex problems and working with the world’s best brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges. But most importantly, we’re normal people who just thrive off good old fashioned collaborative working.
We think of ourselves as a family that we like to call the Owlies. We work hard, support one another and live through our values of Collaboration, Trust and Consideration.
Responsible for informing the strategic comms and content direction at the Account and project level and ensuring all content & comms outputs of the department represent the highest level of creativity. You will be involved primarily with clients, commercial team, strategy, creative and new business team on Account portfolio activity. You may also input strategic comms and content at a business level to help the SMT/Leadership team and others set, implement and deliver against business growth objectives and targets.
As Content & Comms Director you will be responsible for our growing content department. We have experienced significant expansion in this area of the business since the pandemic and have carved ourselves a strategic comms and content market niche with our clients which our competitors have so far been unable to rival. With your direction, we will strengthen our offering further and create even deeper partnerships with our clients.
It will be your responsibility to devise and implement content process best practices and oversee quality control of deliverables, maximising profitability as well as training and developing teams where necessary.
You will also work alongside other department leads to ensure that resources are effectively deployed and well matched to project and client needs.
Business level Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to estimate comms & content development time and costs at pitch and project level
- Collaborate with Resource/Studio manager to agree and assign the right comms & content roles to pitches and projects
- Support SMT with frameworks and planning to aid business decisions
- Collaborate with the SMT, marketing and creative teams to inform content marketing strategy
- Collaborate with Head of Creative Services & Resource/Studio Manager on comms & content recruitment and resourcing strategy
- Collaborate on the development of measurement strategy to be applied at business, Account and project level
- Stay at the forefront of latest trends, technology, digital and comms channels to respond to client needs and enable the agency to remain leaders in the marketplace
Account, Project & team level responsibilities
- Work with Account Directors on existing client work and new business development – proactive strategies and proposals
- Craft creative communications and content which is as memorable as it is impactful
- Lead pitches from a comms & content point of view on key accounts as required
- Effectively contribute to brainstorming sessions – distil relevant insight led information to formulate comms and content briefs that articulate client business challenges; work with relevant internal team members to create best in class solutions
- Oversee comms and content specific client research & insights on accounts in conjunction with AD’s
- Utilise and adapt existing methodologies and frameworks and create your own frameworks to aid the comms and content process
- Effectively use frameworks to support business objectives by influencing behaviour and inspiring action
- Lead the comms and content process to create an internal communications strategy for clients in conjunction with stakeholders and business initiatives
- Conduct strategic comms and content planning workshops with clients to develop a timeline that is detailed, achievable and timely
- Oversee and direct comms and content process from concept to execution across channels to ensure messaging is consistent and inspires action
- Maintain a dialogue with clients, stakeholders to ensure messaging is relevant
- Measure and demonstrate how comms has influenced change to achieve business objectives
- Stay relevant on technology, communication frameworks and techniques including sector specific themes
- Manage direct reports in comms and content team, conducting reviews, performance development and training
- Solid experience of the events and brand experience industry
- Solid experience of working in a content department in a leadership role
- Solid experience of using Learning and Development techniques to make messages salient
- Experience in B2B and B2C and employee engagement strategies across our key sectors
- Experience of developing creative training programmes in the automotive sector is highly desirable
- Understanding and experience of working with all the roles in a comms and content department and other departments within an agency environment
- Strong knowledge of latest comms and content and brand experience trends, as part of your knowledge pool to generate industry-leading solutions
- Multi-channel experience including live and digital
- 6+ years in brand experience/comms and content role, minimum 2 years in comms and content role at Senior level
- APG accredited strategy qualification or comms & content equivalent desirable
- Degree preferable