Finance Assistant (Maternity Cover)
About Owl Live
Owl Live is a brand experience agency working with clients including Google, HSBC, KPMG, Toyota & Domino’s. We help brands to talk to people in a way that inspires action, creating campaigns and experiences across the globe that engage hearts and minds.
Why Owl Live?
We’re a trusted team of industry leading professionals who are innovative, considerate, passionate, and adaptable. We relish finding creative solutions to complex problems and working with the world’s best brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges. But most importantly, we’re normal people who just thrive off good old fashioned collaborative working.
We think of ourselves as a family that we like to call the Owlies. We work hard, support one another and live through our values of Collaboration, Trust and Consideration.
To assist the Accountant with ensuring the smooth processing of all elements of day to day financial and commercial information within the business.
As Finance Assistant you will be supporting the finance team in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions, and will be responsible for the day to day tasks within the finance department.
- Maintain effective credit control
- Create, send, and follow up on sales invoices
- Maintain an active knowledge of supplier and client payment terms
- Update and maintain PO Register
- Process supplier invoices using invoice capture system and Xero
- Reconcile the bank on a daily basis
- Review, monitor and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets and documents as required
- Analyse final gross margins on projects
- Administer cash flow forecast and reconcile with Xero and bank transactions
- Process expenses and credit card payments and reconcile statements with receipts
- Analyse VAT audit report on a quarterly basis prior to submission and collate VAT file for the quarter
- Ensure that all projects are accurately set up on internal system
- Reconcile any finance discrepancies or errors identified and investigate causes with project leads
- Assist the Accountant in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives where required
- Produce ledger reports when requested and deal with general client / internal queries
- Produce timesheet reports on a weekly basis and perform analysis when requested
- Work with HR to ensure all payroll updates and changes are recorded and implemented
- Process payroll on a monthly basis and administer the company pension scheme
- Recommend changes or improvements that increase accuracy, efficiency and / or cost reductions
- Adhere to all Owl Live financial policies and procedures
- Ensure all documentation and contractual information is maintained in line with company information security requirements
- Demonstrate a solid understanding and adherence of the Owl Live processes and procedures
- Demonstrate proficiency in all Owl Live systems including Xero and Harmony