We are Owl Live. Whether live, virtual or hybrid, we deliver internal communications, training and development, reward and recognition programmes and experiential marketing campaigns. Our research, insights and strategic thinking delivers impact and inspires action. Our clients include some of the world’s most successful technology, communication and car manufacturing brands.
So, why become an Owlie? If you relish in finding creative solutions to complex problems, and working together with brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges, this could just be the home for you.
Aside from the great work we produce, our people are what make Owl Live an amazing place to be. We’re an innovative, considerate, passionate and adaptable bunch, who genuinely care about what we do, as well as each other. We celebrate the highs, and we learn from the lows, and we’re led by our values of Collaboration, Trust, and Consideration. And by the way, we don’t just slap these on a wall in the office, we live and breathe them in all that we do.
What’s in it for you? Here’s just a few of our favourite perks of being an Owlie…
The Usual Stuff
Competitive salary, pension, 20 holidays per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas/NY shut down), plus a nice shiny Macbook and Iphone
Forget WFH or WFO, we like to promote WFW – short for work from wherever you like. We’re happy with you working from one of our office hubs, from home, or a mix of the two, providing it works for you, your role and your team. All we ask is that you join us once a month in our Liverpool head office for some much needed human connection and face-time with your colleagues.
Health and Wellbeing
Mental health awareness training for everyone, and regular sessions covering everything from stress management to financial health plus a cycle to work scheme.
We love to celebrate you and say thank you when you do great things. We have Owlie of the Month, Owlie of Year, regular High Fives and a team called the Joy Division who are dedicated to putting a smile on your face.
Sound up your street? Read on to find out more about this role.
As a Designer, you will be responsible for creating visual concepts that communicate effectively to our audiences. You’ll have a Graphic Design degree or equivalent and have solid experience working with a design department and ideally within an agency environment.
You’ll have strong technical skills, a good understanding of the creative design process and be proficient in designing for digital and live environments.
Finally, you’ll be a creative thinker and problem solver, you will be solutions focussed and your working style will be naturally collaborative, getting the best possible output from the team around you.
Sound like the role for you? Read on to find out more!
- Attend briefings and client meetings to determine scope, requirements and expectations of
- each project
- Confidently inform, input and challenge requirements where necessary to ensure a robust
- briefing process
- Present draft concepts or designs for feedback
- Design and develop brand concepts within scope and time allowance
- Use industry standard software inc digital illustration, photo editing and layout software to
- create designs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of effective logo design, typography and layout
- Create visual concepts and designs for use across multiple channels including print (inc
- packaging, printed collateral, merchandise etc) and digital (inc video, animation, websites etc)
- Create visually stimulating client proposals and creative assets
- Apply brand guidelines correctly to graphic and creative assets
- Act as brand guardian for selected brands / accounts, taking overall accountability for
- alignment to brand guidelines and cascading this information to internal teams
- Confidently present and articulate design concepts to internal teams and depts
- Showcase a solutions focused approach to challenges
- Think creatively to produce ideas and innovative concepts
- Time plan and forecast for projects with accuracy, demonstrating awareness of sensible time
- allocations for specific deliverables
- Foster positive and collaborative working relationships between teams, internal depts and
- third parties including illustrators, copywriters etc
- Demonstrate a constructive approach to receiving design feedback, implementing amends
- and changes in a streamlined manner
- Demonstrate a knowledge of current and emerging trends within the design industry
- Communicate effectively with Studio Manager to support effective studio resourcing
- Demonstrate a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrate a solid understanding and adherence of the Owl Live processes and procedures
- Graphic design degree or equivalent
- Solid experience of working in an agency environment offering strategy, creative, comms,
- content & engagement services
- Experience of working within a design department in a relevant role