Head of Audience Engagement
We are Owl Live. Whether live, virtual or hybrid, we deliver internal communications, training and development, reward and recognition programmes and experiential marketing campaigns. Our research, insights and strategic thinking delivers impact and inspires action. Our clients include some of the world’s most successful technology, communication and car manufacturing brands.
So, why become an Owlie? If you relish in finding creative solutions to complex problems, and working together with brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges, this could just be the home for you.
Aside from the great work we produce, our people are what make Owl Live an amazing place to be. We’re an innovative, considerate, passionate and adaptable bunch, who genuinely care about what we do, as well as each other. We celebrate the highs, and we learn from the lows, and we’re led by our values of Collaboration, Trust, and Consideration. And by the way, we don’t just slap these on a wall in the office, we live and breathe them in all that we do.
What’s in it for you? Here’s just a few of our favourite perks of being an Owlie…
The Usual Stuff
Competitive salary, pension, 20 holidays per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas/NY shut down), plus a nice shiny Macbook and Iphone
Forget WFH or WFO, we like to promote WFW – short for work from wherever you like. We’re happy with you working from one of our office hubs, from home, or a mix of the two, providing it works for you, your role and your team. All we ask is that you join us once a month in our Liverpool head office for some much needed human connection and face-time with your colleagues.
Health and Wellbeing
Mental health awareness training for everyone, and regular sessions covering everything from stress management to financial health plus a cycle to work scheme.
We love to celebrate you and say thank you when you do great things. We have Owlie of the Month, Owlie of Year, regular High Fives and a team called the Joy Division who are dedicated to putting a smile on your face.
Sound up your street? Read on to find out more about this role.
You’ll be responsible for defining the strategic direction of the Creative, Content & Comms offering at account & project level.
You will head up the Creative, Content & Comms team (currently a growing team of 4 across Comms & Content and a Creative Lead who in turn manages a design team of 2-3) You’ll nurture their talent, drive their training and development needs and support them as a mentor. You’ll be working alongside other department leads to ensure that resources are effectively deployed and well matched to project and client needs as well as inputting on recruitment needs for the department.
Day to day, you will be involved primarily with clients but working collaboratively with the client services team, strategy, production & design teams on Account portfolio and new business activity.
You may also contribute to strategic inputs at the business level to help the Managing Partners set, implement and deliver against business growth objectives and targets.
- Collaborate with the Managing Partners to inform our Audience Engagement strategy
- Collaborate with Creative Services Manager & Head of Production to agree and assign the right creative, comms & content resource to pitches and projects
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to estimate creative, comms & content development time at pitch and project level
- Support SLT with strategy and planning to aid business decisions
- Stay at the forefront of latest Audience Engagement trends and comms channels to respond to client needs and enable the agency to remain leaders in the marketplace
Account & Project level
- Lead on the Audience Engagement strategy, working in collaboration with the Client Services team for existing client work and new business development
- Collaborate with the Strategy Director, Creative Lead & Account Lead to develop winning creative concepts and craft compelling stories with impeccable copywriting
- Craft creative communications and brand stories which are as memorable as they are impactful
- Lead on pitches & client meetings with an audience engagement and creative communications lens on key accounts as required
- Lead and effectively contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Distil relevant research & insights to formulate internal briefs that articulate client business challenges; work with relevant internal team members to create best in class solutions
- Utilise and adapt existing methodologies and frameworks and create your own frameworks to aid the audience engagement process
- Effectively use audience engagement techniques to support business objectives by influencing behaviour and inspiring action
- Oversee and direct creative comms & content processes from concept to execution across channels to ensure messaging is consistent and inspires action
- Maintain a dialogue with clients & stakeholders to ensure messaging is relevant & strategic & creative integrity is upheld throughout
- Measure and demonstrate how audience engagement strategies have inspired action to achieve business objectives
- Manage direct reports in creative, comms and content teams, conducting reviews, performance development and training