Head of Production
About Owl Live
Owl Live is a brand experience agency working with clients including Google, HSBC, KPMG, Toyota & Domino’s. We help brands to talk to people in a way that inspires action, creating campaigns and experiences across the globe that engage hearts and minds.
Why Owl Live?
We’re a trusted team of industry leading professionals who are innovative, considerate, passionate, and adaptable. We relish finding creative solutions to complex problems and working with the world’s best brands to produce memorable experiences that genuinely address their business challenges. But most importantly, we’re normal people who just thrive off good old fashioned collaborative working.
We think of ourselves as a family that we like to call the Owlies. We work hard, support one another and live through our values of Collaboration, Trust and Consideration.
As Head of Production you will be responsible for our growing production department consisting of Producers and Project Managers.
It will be your responsibility to devise and implement project delivery best practices and oversee quality control of deliverables, maximising profitability as well as training and developing teams where necessary.
You will also work alongside other department leads to ensure that resources are effectively deployed and well matched to project and client needs.
- Oversight of all projects undertaken by production team to ensure quality control, adherence to set KPI’s and overall performance, leading to maintained high standards of delivery
- Responsible for implementing production best practice across the agency service delivery offering inc live, virtual, hybrid, content and comms and digital
- Work directly with teams on budgeting and time planning in line with commercial KPI’s
- Work directly with teams on scoping project requirements and managing scope creep effectively
- Responsible for resourcing within the department ensuring teams are deployed onto the right pitches, projects and accounts in collaboration with the resource team
- Responsible for identifying training and development opportunities across the department
- Responsible for shaping job specifications for production team roles and taking an active role in the recruitment process where required
- Responsible for ongoing personal training and development of the production team, leading training sessions, performance appraisals and professional development
- Responsible for ensuring production team maintain an ‘ahead of the curve’ mentality, identifying new technologies, techniques, suppliers etc
- Oversight of procurement and supply chain, directly linked to production dept, acting as point of escalation in the event of challenges
- Inputting into pitches and proposals as necessary
- Qualification of new freelancers to be included in external resource black book for production and relevant depts i.e. technical, virtual and video freelance network
- Responsible for company KPI’s for productivity across production roles / dept
- Responsible for ascertaining recruitment requirements for the department, candidate suitability, qualification, interviewing and vetting where required
- Minimum 5 years in senior production role
- Experience within a brand experience agency
- Experience across live, virtual and hybrid events
- Proven experience of managing teams and optimising performance
- Good understanding of how to positively engage with strategy, content, creative in an agency environment